Re: GNOME Goal proposal: app menu retirement [aday gnome org]

I'd rather say the disconnect between incoming and outgoing server settings, as I use both POP3 and IMAP, but I do agree, to a point. However, both are on the Preferences dialog, so they are physically close in where they get set up. I suppose it would be useful in many cases to be more like other apps, in that when you set up a new email account, aside from specifying the incoming and outgoing server addresses separately, the initial assumption is that the security (username, password, and security type) is the same for both.

Also - many email apps know or have a way to look up most of the server settings based on the email address. Is that something balsa could do, or do they depend on proprietary databases for that data?

Jack
.