Re: New imap problem

Hi Jack,

On 07/12/2018 10:29:42 PM Thu, Jack via balsa-list wrote:
In process of trying to work out a problem with a message "lost" in my gmail mailbox, (which problem is not Balsa related in any way,) I tried using the imap gmail mailbox I set up a few weeks ago. I could click on some of the mailboxes/folders, but none of them changed the actual display of the message list from the previous (pop3 or local) mailbox displayed. Some actions just totally froze balsa. I deleted the mailbox and recreated it - basically the same behavior. Using G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=imap, the only relevant line I've noticed at all is an occasional "(balsa:17940): libnetclient-DEBUG: finalised connection to imap.gmail.com" with no direct connection to what I click on or what is displayed. I have deleted and readded as an imap folder, but it just seems to time out. I've run wireshark, and it sends an imap(143) [SYN] Seq=0 Len=0 MSS=1460 SACK_PERM=1 TSval=648291406 TSecr=0 WS=128" followed by TCP Retransmission packets at 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, and 128 seconds and th en another set with the same timing. I assume a simple password failure would get some explicit error message.

I do eventually get a popup about failure scanning the gmail imap folder (I have so far failed to capture the
exact error) but wireshark shows it's going to the right ip address, and pinging that address succeeds.

I have two other servers with imap set up (also just for troubleshooting, not for routine use) and they seem
to be working fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions as to how to try to figure out what the problem is?

Jack

I get similar freezes with my gmail imap accounts, but only intermittently--sometimes the start-up and
mail-checks go through in a (relative) flash. I haven't tried to diagnose them--not sure where to start!