Re: GIT version - no display of html messages

On 07/07/2018 12:35 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 07.07.18 18:08 schrieb(en) Jack via balsa-list:
The only output I see when opening an HTML message is:

libbalsa_html_new registered cid: scheme

Normal.

libbalsa_html_new shows info_bar

Indicates that the message contains external references (typically images) which are used to track the recipients of messages (or to exploit a vulnerability like EFail).  Balsa should display a bar telling you that you might load the external crap anyway (which you shouldn't…).
Unfortunately, that's just not always realistic.  I agree, almost always, those images are completely unnecessary (even from legit senders) but I seem to frequently get emails where the entire message is embedded in the image.  Have you ever tried to explain that, and why it is bad, to whoever ends up getting your question about it?  Even trying to explain why it makes accessibility impossible for the message, they often still don't get it.
lbh_navigation_policy_decision uri about:blank, type 5, ignored

That's strange, never saw it.

I'm assuming the last line is printed by line 287.

Could you, just for testing, either comment out the following statement

    webkit_policy_decision_ignore(decision);

or replace it by

        if (g_ascii_strcasecmp(uri, "about:blank") != 0) {
            webkit_policy_decision_ignore(decision);
        }

and check if it changes anything?
I'll be able to try later today.
Where does about:blank come from?  Shouldn't that actually be some reference to the actual content of the HTML part?

Good question.  On my system, if a html message is rendered, it says *nothing*.

Best
Albrecht.

I tried again just prior to your commit, and I get instead:

lbh_navigation_policy_decision uri about:blank, type 5, used

which would have been printed by .._TYPE_OTHER or ..._TYPE_RELOAD, which still doesn't make much sense to me.  Out of curiosity - clicking WHERE would trigger the WEBKIT_NAVIGATION_TYPE_LINK_CLICKED ?  Would that be clicking some link withing the displayed content?

Also, I'm using webkit-gtk 2.18.6, and have been for at least several months.  It's currently the only version available on Gentoo, so I'll have to check their forums/bugsystem to see if there is any move to upgrade.

Jack