Re: GIT version - no display of html messages

Am 07.07.18 01:28 schrieb(en) Jack via balsa-list:
Relaying refused:

530: #5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
I didn't see the actual error, but I also fail to send using 2.5.3.  I think I've been using git head since
shortly after 2.5.3 came out, so going back to 2.5.3 I probably did run into the libesmtp problem Peter
mentioned.

I removed libesmtp a while ago as it is not supported/maintained any more.  The new implementation uses a
different security configuration model.  Please review the server settings; you probably use a local mta
(like postfix), where TLS is not necessary.  However, the default is to require TLS.  Just select “security:
none”.

Note: *never* use this setting to access a server on the internet!  In this case the setting should be either
“STARTTLS (required)” or “SMTPS”.  If your provider doesn't support either, choose a different provider.

Hope this helps
Albrecht.