Re: Balsa 2.5.6-1:Cannot initialize GSS security context

Hi Albrecht,

My /old/ machine is running Xubuntu 16.04 LTS. According to your instructions some time ago I build Balsa from GIT succesfully as follows: Bauen (der configure-Aufruf ist das, was ich verwende, bitte wie gewünscht anpassen, was aber ggf. weitere dev-Pakete benötigt):
cd balsa
./autogen.sh
./configure --with-gpgme --with-gpg-app=/usr/bin/gpg2 --with-html- widget=webkit2 --with-spell-checker=gtkspell --with-rubrica=yes --with-libnotify --with-canberra --enable-smime --with-gtksourceview -- without-gnome --with-gcr=yes --with-compface
make
sudo make install

I don't want to sound cheeky but the /old/ GIT version was running perfectly. So I assume that the code was and still is OK.

My /new/ machine is running Debian Stretch. I installed the package 2.5.6-1 from the Buster reposotory. I have no idea what compiler optins were used by the maintainer.

I use Balsa, beside POP which is working, with an IMAP account at a Microsoft server. To the IMAP account I authenticate with username and password over SSL. To the SMTP account I authenticate with username only over TLS.

I hope that this answers your questions.

Best regards,

John Jack Doe