Re: Could not save a text part: Internal error in get_stream



Dear list members,

It looks like as nobody can help me. I build balsa again on my 'operational computer' that i used to build my working version of balsa. This build produced exactly the same behaviour as on the 'test computer': For retrieved mail the file is generated but it is empty (file size is zero bytes).

Unfortunately I did not save the version from git I used to build Balsa 2.5.3a.32-g98a0d88 on 5 Apr 2017. My idea now is to pull/retrieve this specific version from git and to build it again with one new commit after the other in order to find out where the problem is originating from. Please, can somebody help me to do this?
--
Best regards,
John Jack Doe

On 28 Apr 2017 18:01:51, JohnJackDoe tele2 de wrote:
This mail has been automatically rejected by the list owner because of the attachment size. Here it is again but compressed attachment.

-------------------
Dear Albrecht,
Dear list members,

I still have the trouble. However, to exclude failures that I might have done I started the Balsa compilation/installation from scratch and wrote the terminal outputs to a logfile by using 'script'. The logfile is attached. I have no idea what might have caused the trouble. Currently Balsa 2.5.3a-81-g705c456 is not usable for me.

The terminal messages are partially in German because the 'test computer' was intended to be used by my wife.

I use Xubuntu 16.04 LTS 32 bit. The system is up to date.

Any help would be appreciated very much.
--
Best regards,
John Jack Doe

On 25 Apr 2017 19:39:07, Albrecht DreƟ wrote:
Hi John Jack Doe:

Thanks for the report.

I think the "Could not save a text part: Internal error in get_stream" message, is the important one, the 'CRITICAL' messages might be aftereffects.

Unfortunately, this does not really help in tracking down the cause - all I can say that I cannot reproduce any issue with either maildir or mbox... Maybe it's linkd to your other report ("Maildir deleted")?

Best,
Albrecht.

Am 24.04.17 14:08 schrieb(en) JohnJackDoe tele2 de:
Could not save a text part: Internal error in get_stream

Dear list members,

Yesterday night I compiled and installed Balsa 2.5.3a-76-ga1b1465 from GIT. Compilation and installation passed without failure messages. The maildir problem is handled in a different mail.

Balsa was started in debug mode with 'G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all /usr/local/bin/balsa'. The log did not show failures. I sent a test message to an outside mailbox and retrieved retrieved it later. So far so good. The downloaded and stored email showed no subject and a size of 0 (zero) bytes. Double clicking on the mail produced the message 'Could not save a text part: Internal error in get_stream'. The debug window produced the report below. I checked the file in the maildir inbox - it was empty! Any ideas?
--
Best regards,

John Jack Doe

me@Netbook-11:~$ G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all /usr/local/bin/balsa
(balsa:1979): Gtk-DEBUG: Connecting to session manager
(balsa:1979): Gtk-DEBUG: Registering client 'balsa' ''

(balsa:1979): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
** Message: init gpgme version 1.6.0
** Message: protocol OpenPGP: engine /usr/bin/gpg2 (home (null), version 2.1.11) ** Message: protocol CMS: engine /usr/bin/gpgsm (home (null), version 2.1.11) ** Message: protocol GPGCONF: engine /usr/bin/gpgconf (home (null), version 2.1.11) ** Message: protocol Assuan: engine /home/me/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent (home !GPG_AGENT, version 1.0) ** Message: protocol UIServer: engine /home/me/.gnupg/S.uiserver (home (null), version 1.0) ** Message: protocol Spawn: engine /nonexistent (home (null), version 1.0)
** Message: gpg-agent found: /home/me/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent:0:1
** Message: OpenPGP protocol supported
** Message: CMS (aka S/MIME) protocol supported
Network is available   (Mo 24 Apr 2017 13:59:28 CEST)

** (balsa:1979): CRITICAL **: g_mime_part_check_rfc2440: assertion 'wrapper' failed

** (balsa:1979): CRITICAL **: g_mime_part_check_rfc2440: assertion 'wrapper' failed

(balsa:1979): gmime-CRITICAL **: internet_address_list_to_string: assertion 'IS_INTERNET_ADDRESS_LIST (list)' failed


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]