Re: Threading of messages

Hi Jack,

On 03/13/2017 07:42:14 PM Mon, Jack wrote:
…
I finally got to recompile, and I claim success.  I don't know how much or what does or does not get cached,
but my largest mailbox (maildir) with over 2000 messages just displayed almost immediately, correctly
threaded.  I can also watch the threading happen in the inbox as messages arrive.

Thanks for the report. Sadly, I have to report that your message was *not* threaded correctly, just appended
to the folder!

It's a Maildir folder, open at the time the message was filtered in, but not showing at that time. Alt-V + J
fixed it (the folder uses JWZ threading). Some debugging output shows that a rethread was scheduled after the
message was added to the folder, and later carried out in an idle callback, yet when I switched to that
folder it was not correctly threaded.

Still groping around to see how this could have happened…