Re: Compiling errors with latest version from GIT, Printing of HTML Messages

Hi John Jack Doe:

Am 14.04.17 19:43 schrieb(en) JohnJackDoe tele2 de:
I applied the patch and tried 'make -k'. I still get errors. The display output is attached. Maybe I did
something wrong.

Ummm - it doesn't look as if you applied the patch properly.  You need to save the patch file somewhere, and
then run the following command in the balsa source folder:

patch -p 1 < /path/where/you/saved/the/patchfile.diff

Side note: I think the "usual" approach by adding the glib-specific format strings (i.e. '_("Message %" G_GSIZE_FORMAT " of
%" G_GSIZE_FORMAT " (%s of %s)")') will break gettext, see
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Preparing-Strings.html>, so the cast seems to be better to me.  Or does the glib '_()' macro
cover this case?
Sorry, but I'm not a programmer. I'm a stupid user only.

This was mainly directed at the other developers in the mailing list; I hope they have more insight into the
nifty details of the translation process than me...

Hope this helps
Albrecht.