Re: [Patch 0/3] Easter 2016 patches

Hi Peter:

Am 17.05.16 03:19 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
Thanks for the reminder!

All three pushed--I agree, working without SSL is just inconceivable today.

Thanks a lot!

Related to the libesmtp discussions ~two months ago (see [1]), I am currently coding a completely different
solution based upon GIO's included tls (gnutls based) sockets.  The idea is to have a base class derived from
gio providing optionally encrypted, crlf-terminated line-base network io (done).  Form this class, it's easy
to derive smtp and pop3 io (also almost done).  I'm still looking into imap, which should also be somewhat
easy, but as I currently move to a different real-life job, I didn't have the time to finalise it yet.

Currently, it's a stand-alone lib which could easily be integrated into balsa.  As a result, we could drop
the dependency against the (apparently not supported any more) libesmtp lib and against openssl (replaced by
gnutls), and use glib's core functions for all network operations, which should hopefully simplify life
considerably...

Cheers,
Albrecht.

[1] <https://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2016-March/thread.html#00007>