Re: Can't open my inbox - HELP! (please)

Am 08.06.16 21:16 schrieb(en) Jack:
On 2016.06.08 13:29, William Austin wrote:
1) balsa can now open many files; but it will NOT open my :Linux mailbox - it goes to 100% of at least 1 cpu
(12 core machine - it has hit a high of at least 531%), and it never displays anything else.  That can go on
for up to 4 hours before I kill it.

I had similar effects with Balsa 2.4 being linked against gtkhtml, with /some/ html messages.  Apparently,
gtkhtml just hangs for them...

You may want to run 'ldd $(which balsa) | grep "\(webkit\|html\)"' to check if your balsa is linked against
gtkhtml or webkit (I did not see issues with the latter).

You may also want to try to set "prefer plain text over html" in the message display preferences (which does
not help for html-only messages, though).

Best,
Albrecht.