Re: Data copy error

On 2016.07.24 12:57, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 24.07.16 18:21 schrieb(en) Andreas Schmidt:

pc@lektoratex:~/System/git$ git clone http://git.gnome.org/browse/balsa

This is the old (balsa 2.4) branch. If you want to have the "new" one (using gtk3, and all latest improvements), you need to clone the "gtk3" branch:

git clone -b gtk3 http://git.gnome.org/browse/balsa

This came up recently on another list I'm on. Doing a new git clone and specifying the branch just wastes bandwidth. The original git clone you did already includes ALL branches. You simply need to cd into the balsa directory and then do "git checkout gtk3". (I know it's not intuitive, and you might expect to use the git branch command. Git is funny like that - the commands are not always obvious.) You can see all the branches with "git branch -a". Just remember to do a "git pull" on occasion, to be sure you get the latest updates.

Jack