Re: problem using gpgme-1.8.0

Hi Jack:

On 12/14/2016 02:51:59 PM Wed, ostroffjh wrote:
I just recompiled balsa against gpgme 1.8.0, and although I didn't see any build warnings or errors, it fails on launch
with "balsa: error while loading shared libraries: libgpgme-pthread.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory"  Previously had gpgme 1.7.1.  Reverting to that version, and balsa works fine, even without
recompiling.  If gpgme dropped that library with the upgrade, is there some other package which should now provide it,
or is it something balsa needs to work around?

In gpgme versions before 1.8, the thread-safe version of the lib was libgpgme-pthread, so that is what Balsa
links to. As of 1.8, libgpgme itself is thread-safe, so there is no -pthread variant. However, gpgme-config
has not been taught to ignore the --thread=pthread option, which Balsa's current configure script uses,
leading to the error you encountered.

I've pushed to master a patch to configure.ac for not using that option in versions 1.8 or later. Please see
if it fixes your build issue.

To test the patch on Fedora 25, I upgraded gpgme to 1.8 from rawhide, which pulled in some openssl upgrades, and now
I'm getting a bunch of "defined but not used" errors from imap-tls.c. Not sure what's going on...