Re: SMTP over port 465 with SSL

27.09.2013 03:17, Bjcsurf пишет:
In Balsa 2.5.1 is it possible to connect to SMTP with port 465 with
SSL? The IMAP setup has an SSL option which disables the TLS choices,
but I do not see anything similar when setting up SMTP. I know that
SMTP port 587 with STARTTLS is the standard-compliant way to connect
(and that the mail server can be setup to only transmit if the TLS
connection is established, and the same with IMAP port 143 STARTTLS vs
IMAP port 993 SSL), but my mail service doesn't seem to support this
yet. I have tried every combination I can come up with in the SMTP
settings in Balsa, but nothing seems to work. I have been able to
connect in every other email client I have used, so I don't think
there is any problem with the server (other than supporting the latest
standards, ha).
Can I suggest socat as the workaround?
--
Ildar Mulyukov,