Re: message display threading issues

On 2013.05.02 12:39, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Alt+V, J should force rethreading.
And it does.

At one time Balsa would rethread on every mailbox change, and it was intrusive, so it was decided to defer it; evidently, it's now deferred too long! One issue is that it's difficult to rethread in a sub-thread because of the display interactions. We need to revisit that.
If nothing else, could there be a preference setting (maybe just interim until this really gets sorted out?)

Mailboxes seem to open in message number order, which for maildir, I think is file system sort order by file name - effectively random. It's more intrusive for me to have to manually re-thread on almost every mailbox open. (At least it seems to maintain threading during a session.)

Other than this, 2.5.1 has been working great for me (using webkit).

Jack