Re: Help - I cannot mail anymore

Hi Helmut!

On 08/13/2013 04:17:16 AM Tue, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
I've build the current GIT version of Balsa with

dev-libs/glib-2.36.3  x11-libs/gtk+-3.8.2  and  net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.0.4

and I cannot compose email since the 'Recipients' field is missing (see attachment)

Current Balsa has the top matter for the message (whichever is visible among from, recipients, subject, fcc,
reply-to) in a paned window, with a grab-handle in the gutter separating the top matter from the message
content.  From your screen shot, it appears that the gutter is too high, and every line above the subject is
cropped.  Try grabbing the handle and pulling it down.

The change was made to provide a way to see long lists of recipients.  If you have attachments, they are
shown in another pane with its own handle, so you can independently adjust the vertical space taken up by
them and the other top matter.

When you have no attachments, the size of the top pane is set automatically when the top matter is added.
For me, that always provides enough room for all the lines, including a two-line recipients list.  For you,
it appears to provide only a single line!  I'm not sure what the difference is.  We'll probably need to
insert some debugging code to see what's going on.  More later...