Re: Balsa crashing on opening HTML emails

Hi Carlos!

On 08/09/2013 05:48:27 AM Fri, Carlos Franke wrote:
Hi!

For a few weeks now, Balsa has been crashing on me when trying to open certain (but not all) HTML emails. I
am using the gtk3 git branch*, and I have version 2.0.4 of the Arch Linux webkitgtk package installed (the
error seems to be Webkit-related, see below):
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/webkitgtk/
File list: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/webkitgtk/files/

I've seen that, and others have reported the same problem.  In my case, it's always gone away with some
WebKit package upgrade (I'm currently using 2.0.4-1.fc19), but I've no idea whether it's a webkit bug or a
packaging issue.  Since we're on (at least roughly) the same version, it looks like packaging, but that's a
very uninformed guess.  I've never found any error in Balsa's use of the webkit API, though of course that
proves very little!

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to the cause of the problem?