Re: git version (gtk3 branch) doesn't check for new mail?

On 2012.03.02 02:46, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
On 03/01/2012 04:03:31 PM, Jack wrote:
[trimmed...]

I wonder if we're all talking about the same thing. For me, "checking mail" means checking either pop3 or imap source. An mbox file is a mailbox, so is the issue that some other process is putting mail into that file and balsa is just not noticing that the file was changed an updating the view? They are different issues, and I suspect had different changes between the gtk2 and gtk3 versions.

Yes, I'm talking about the latter, i.e. the postfix daemoon appends new mail to an mbox file while Balsa is running. My problem is, that the gtk3 version doesn't check for any changes to that file while it's running.
The previous version of Balsa (2.4.x) did this!
On my machines all email handling (filtering, transforming, etc) is done by postfix using some user written routines.

What happens if you close and reopen that mailbox?