Re: git version (gtk3 branch) doesn't check for new mail?

On 03/01/2012 02:19:52 AM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Hi Helmut!

On 02/29/2012 10:39:41 AM Wed, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hi,

I've installed the git version of Balsa which seems to have fixed the
html hang bug here.

But now, Balsa doesn't check for new mail anymore, i.e.

- it doesn't check automatically
- the Check button is ineffective
- File -> Get new Mail is ineffective

Only stopping and restarting Balsa shows the new mail.

That's all with mbox file style emails.

Not sure what's going on here--I haven't had that problem. You could try saving ~/.balsa somewhere and restarting Balsa with the initial assistant; if that gets you a Balsa that checks its mail, comparing the new ~/.balsa with the saved version might suggest what's wrong.

Hi Peter,

I've done that, but it doesn't help.
I have a local mbox here, so Balsa has to check the file
/home/jarausch/Mail/jarausch
But this doesn't work anymore with the git version of Balsa.
It worked just fine with 2.4.11

Helmut.