Re: gtk3 compile problems

Hi Jack,

On 02/29/2012 06:42:30 PM Wed, Jack wrote:
Hello,

After wondering why the main branch was giving me compile problems trying to use gtk3, I finally remembered how to check out a remote branch in git.  Now I'm getting a bunch of pango related problems.  Searching led me to http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-896464-start-0.html which basically says "Pango related errors are caused by >=dev-libs/glib-2.30 in combination with =x11-libs/pango-1.28*. Short version is that this version of pango is too old for this version of glib."

I have pango 1.28.4 and glib 2.30.2.  I'd rather not try to downgrade pango, so I'm going to try their suggestion of removing
-DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED and -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED.  However, before I get too deep into this, is this a known issue, or do I just have an unusual configuration?

Not sure how you were using gtk3 with master, but let's not go there...

Looks like the issue is the deprecation of G_CONST_RETURN, which must have been used by pango < 1.29.  I haven't seen that error--the Fedora packages seem to have been kept in synch.

Until you get an upgrade of pango, the simplest fix may be to hide the fact that you're using git: mv .git save.git and mv it back when you need to use git in the tree.  That will suppress all the *_DISABLE_DEPRECATED flags.

Best,