Re: Steps I would like to automate on start

Hi!

I installed the latest snapshot (thanks, Pawel!) and I can see some positive changes, however basically, sorry to say, the issues remain the same:

1. Press F9 twice to close the sidebar, as all the tabs I ever need are open by default. (Twice, because on startup the sidebar is about halfway open on my system, and pressing F9 once opens it. This might be a bug. Is it?)

Yes, I think that's basically a bug--but I'm not sure whether it's a Balsa-bug or a Gtk3-bug. A fix has been committed to the gtk3 branch.

The sidebar is not completely hidden on start. It is not halfway open as before, but just about three characters' width. That is tolerable, but I still rather press F9 twice to hide the sidebar completely.

2. Press Tab twice to move the focus to the message list. (Then use Alt+<number> to switch to the right tab.)

3. Hold PageDown until the most recent message (on the bottom) is focused.

A separate patch to that branch should fix most of this. The bottom message is focused, but the focus frame isn't rendered on the first mailbox (Alt-1). If you Alt-n to any other mailbox, the bottom message is both focused and rendered as such, and if you then Alt-1 back to the first mailbox, the bottom message is also both focused and rendered as such. I'm not sure why the focus frame isn't there initially; but it really is focused: cursor-up or cursor-down will select and display it.

This did not work for me.
– First, the focus does not seem to be on the message list: I have to press Down twice to get to it (once brings focus to the tab bar/mailbox title). This is not too bad, though. – Second, the focus then is not on the bottom message, but somewhere in the middle of the list. (Also, it is not on the first new or unread message. If there is a pattern to it, I do not see it yet.) At least not at the very top anymore, as I believe it has been before.

Thank you for your efforts! Always willing to test new patches here. (And I know my way around git, you do not need to post a snapshot every time.)

Regards
Carlos