Re: Segfault on build with --disable threads (was: gtk3 imap connection issue)

Hi Carlos,

On 07/06/2012 09:03:11 AM Fri, Carlos Franke wrote:
Hmmm...I can't reproduce that. Apparently the stack trace is for the segfault; could you run --g-fatal-warnings and post the trace for the first warning?

Sure. Just to confirm, as I am not too familiar with gdb: I ran "gdb --args balsa --g-fatal-warnings" – that should be right, no?

Thanks for the trace. Yes, "gdb --args balsa --g-fatal-warnings" works. I usually just start Balsa with "r --g-fatal-warnings" on the gdb command line, but your way works also.

I still can't reproduce the problem. I unchecked "check mail upon startup" but left "remember open mailboxes" checked, and set a break-point at balsa_window_real_open_mbnode. The stack trace looks much like yours, except that several frames are omitted (not sure why!) I can single-step through the code at line 2354 (your frame #3) with no warnings. It seems that in your case the dynamic cast "G_OBJECT (index)" fails, and in my case it doesn't. Perhaps there's a difference in the way Gtk starts up. What versions of glib and gtk are you using?

Best,