Re: Opening mailboxes from the command line

Hi Jack,

On 10/22/2011 03:44:11 PM Sat, Jack wrote:
[ ... ]
Since multiple mailboxes can be open at the same time, but only one can be selected, can we look at all this as how to determine which of several open mailboxes is selected when Balsa starts up?  I'll propose that the first one specified on the command line by -o is selected otherwise it is the one selected when Balsa last closed.  However, if more than one -o is allowed on the command line, I can see the code being easier to select the last one rather than the first.

That's the way the patch I'm working on is supposed to work: first one specified on the command line by -o is selected, otherwise it is the one selected when Balsa last closed.  If Balsa is already running, all the command line mailboxes are opened, if they aren't already open, and the first is selected.  I *believe* it works that way, but I may have missed some cases.

Multiple -o options don't raise an error, but all but the last are silently ignored; opening more than one mailbox from the command line has to be done with a single -o and the semicolon-separated list of URLs.  I guess we could concatenate lists from multiple options...

Best,