html mime part balsa can't display

Good afternoon,

I've had similar problems in the past, but none quite like this. I received a message which has only a single part with the first several lines being:
-----

an style=3D"color:#000000; font-family:Arial; font-size:10pt">&nbsp;</span>=
-----
When I select the message, balsa just hangs, using 100% of the cpu. I've left it over half an hour, with no change. The entire message is only about 17K.

I manually edited the message to add a text/plain mime section, which balsa displays just fine. If I have balsa save the html part, it saves the entire <html>...</html> as a single line, with no white space whatsoever (no spaces, no CR, no LF.) Various browsers have no problem displaying it - pretty much just text, nothing really fancy.

Before I complain to the person who sent it, I'd love to be able to tell them what, exactly is wrong with their software, other than it doesn't include any doc or dtd type declaration. (I know I can point them to http://validator.w3.org.)

I'd also love for balsa to be able to do something other than apparently spin its wheels, but I'm not sure how to figure out exactly where it's getting lost.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack