Switching to first/second/... tab with Alt+1/2/... (was: Balsa is great for small screen devices (netbooks))

Hi!

First, this mail is in reply to Peter Bloomfields message in the thread "Balsa is great for small screen devices (netbooks)" on March 1:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/balsa-list/2011-March/msg00006.html
Sorry that this is not technically a reply, but I don't have access to the original message at the moment, only the web archive. So:

Thanks, Peter! Sorry that I didn't try your patch earlier – it does exactly exactly what I wanted and works flawlessly, on the first glance. It would be delighted if it would go into the main branch.

Regards
Carlos