Re: gtk3 branch compile problem --without-nm

On 12/19/2011 02:48:12 AM Mon, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
On 18.12.2011 22:50:35, Jack wrote:
Trying to run a second copy from command line just returns silently, but it may be my WM that simply doesn't bring the already running copy to the front.

Nope, that's balsa itself through GApplication.

Balsa uses gtk_window_present() to let the window manager know that the running copy should be brought to the user's attention, but the w-m chooses how to do that.  In Gnome Shell, all I see is a popup at the bottom of the screen saying that "Balsa is ready", but the window isn't raised.  That seems like an unfriendly choice!  Also, if I use 'balsa -m someone' from the command line, the compose window is behind the terminal, when you'd expect it to be in front.

So, yes, GApplication seems to be doing its thing, but the w-m can frustrate it!

Best,