Re: Gtk3 branch now uses GApplication

On 2011.12.15 17:49, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Balsa has used a variety of tools to ensure that only a single instance is running, most recently libUnique. The gtk3 branch has now migrated from libUnique to GApplication for this purpose. Please test it--all feedback and suggestions for improvement are welcome!
Peter,

I just started working on this, also trying to test the gmime 2.6 stuff, and have already noticed some minor issues regarding documentation. My real question is whether you want me to just continue posting such issues here, or accumulate them and submit them some other way.

First, on http://pawsa.fedorapeople.org/balsa/git-help.html (which is really "Compiling Balsa - instructions for beginners") Compiling the Sources, needs to be changed from cvs to git (near end of second paragraph.) A bit further along, it also still mentions SVN.

There are references to ./configure, which clearly won't work on the git source until you've run ./autogen at least once. I don't know Whether anybody actually finds this a problem, but it might be worth adding a sentence.

Finally for now, several of the doc files in the root source directory still mention Balsa 2.0.x (such as README and INSTALL) and have very out of date copyright notices (2002?).

I'm sure I'll have more once I actually get started.

Thanks for all your help.

Jack