Re: Balsa/GTK3 regression

Hi Ildar,

On 08/19/2011 04:17:51 AM Fri, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
	Hi, Peter, everyone.
As I started testing GTK3 version, I'd like to share some glitch(es) I found.
Issue 1. My usual address sequence doesn't work anymore.
1. Click to the address line in a New Message window
2. Type a few letters
3. With Down button choose a propriate address
4. Hit enter. The address makes it to the address line
5. Hit Tab to jump to the next line.
This makes the chosen address be lost. In case I push Enter in point 5, everything's allright.

Thanks for putting this on the list!

I've seen the same issue.  The object that Balsa uses to enter addresses (GtkCellRendererText) requires you to hit Enter to accept the edited text.  Tabbing out of the entry cancels the editing instead of accepting the string.  That's really annoying, as you found!  To work around that "feature", Balsa catches the resulting "editing-canceled" signal and handles it exactly the same as the "edited" signal.  But in gtk3, the "editing-canceled" signal doesn't seem to be emitted when you tab out.  I guess a bug needs to be filed...

(Maybe) some more to come. Regards,

You probably also noticed that when you open a compose window, the first address line is selected, but not open for editing, another regression.  I found empirically that hitting Tab-Tab-Enter opens it (as does clicking on it, of course).

Best,