Re: Cannot connect to...

On 04/13/2011 10:28:01 AM, Anne Vanhoest wrote:

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your suggestions, unfortunately I have had no success whether trying with SSl or not. When I run balsa -D then attempt to connect to
the remote IMAPS folder, I get this:

set_max_connections: set to 20
Server will NOT use IDLE
Saving mailbox node soc with group folder-2
Saving 0 children
Saving mailbox node soc with group folder-2
Saving 0 children
No cache for soc - quitting.

Or something similar depending on the option set on the remote folder tab
(soc is the name I have given to the remote IMAPS folder).

Has anybody experienced a similar connection issue?

It looks like a low level connection issue.

I suppose if you run

openssl s_client -crlf -connect imap.server.name:imaps

You will not see anything. Is this correct?

(if you connect against the odds, just type ". logout" and press enter).

I start to wonder whether we should implement some imap server probing capability in balsa...

Pawel

Thank you for your help,

Best regards