From user1 isp1 co uk Sun Oct 17 17:20:38 2010
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:20:38 +0100
From: Andy <user1 isp1 co uk>
Subject: test message

This is the message text for test to demonstrate the missing 'To:' field.

As you see, there isn't a 'To:' field.  This is also apparent from viewing the message in the Outbox from within Balsa - the 'To' box is empty.

If I manually edit the outbox file and insert 'To: user2 isp2 co uk' between the 'Date:' and 'From:' lines it is then possible to send it successfully (after toggling flag).

So in summary: my SMTP works ok, but the 'To:' field has to be manually inserted first.  Also, the To: box within Balsa remains blank even with the field being manually added.

Any ideas?

Andy.