Can't use balsa with AT&T uverse (att.net) mail???

I've used balsa for longer than I can remember and have never had any problems up until now.

Recently I had to change ISP's and I am now using (AT&T Uverse) att.net.

The instructions seem to be fairly simple - incoming mail from a pop3 server using SSL (port 995) and TLS turned on
outgoing email goes to smtp.att.yahoo.com,p again using SSL, and port 465.

However, although I can retrieve my email successfully, I cannot send email to the server using balsa (hence I'm using seamonkey for this letter).

The problem may be AT&T's att.net email requires SSL on ougoing email from me. Is it possible to turn SSL on for outgoing email using Balsa (or does TLS = STARTLS = SSL ???).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I really like Balsa and this is the first really serious problem I've had with it.

Please feel free to write me directly or on list and if I get multiple replies I'll summarize and post the results.

Thanks
  William W. Austin
    Satisfied Hammer Owner # 1729436851
"Basic research is what I'm doing when I'm not doing anuything."