Re: BUG report

On 03/06/2010 04:43:03 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Hi Peter:

Am 06.03.10 13:22 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
The attached patch does not omit the citation prefix from the buffer, but displays it in a /very/ small (invisible) size. Works now with Emacs, gedit and OpenOffice. Setting the size to 0.0 doesn't work, btw - then all cited stuff disappears.

OK--highlight, copy, and paste gets the highlighted text plus the quoting '>' characters--but also pastes far more text than I highlighted! I seem to get first the highlighted text, then the remainder of the message, then random parts of the message, some several times. I backed out the patch and the misbehavior went away, so it's somehow related--no idea how!

Ooops - stupid bug, a fixed refactored patch attached.

I also fixed disappearing lines, containing only a citation prefix. Actually, they are still there, just at 0.01 pts height... My proposed solution is to append a zero-width space. However, the drawback now is that copy'n'paste works to gedit and Openoffice, but xemacs doesn't recognise the zero-width space and displays crap instead. Vim, otoh, recognises them, so I think we can live with that. Opinions?

Strangely, emacs appears to be able to deal with it.

I suggest we merge the patch...

Pawel