Re: Remote invocation fails

Hi Helmut!

On 07/17/2010 04:03:54 AM Sat, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
Hi,
when I log into my machine from remote (by ssh -Y ...) and try to invoke
balsa I get

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv (strange, the machine has been booted just before)
Another Balsa found. Talking to it...

So there was actually no Balsa instance running on the host?  Balsa prints that message when 'unique_app_is_running(app)' returns TRUE, where app has been created with 'app = unique_app_new_with_commands("org.desktop.Balsa", ...)'.  If that happens when no Balsa instance is actually running, it would seem to be either a libunique bug or a DBus malfunction.

(balsa:2955): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection to the session bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-2hLOJ3XPir: Connection refused

(balsa:2955): Unique-DBus-WARNING **: Unable to connect to the running instance,  aborting.

Those messages seem consistent with there being no actual Balsa instance runnning.  Not sure what's going on here...

Best,