Re: attachments associations

On 06.07.2010 03:36:52, Paweł Sałek wrote:
On 07/05/2010 11:01:47 AM, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
- how can I specify applications to call for given attachments like pdf

Balsa uses gnome preferences for that. I am not sure what is the current method of changing them...

Unfortunately some strange behavior is observed in this field.
I've got a letter with Word Document attached.
Balsa says it's a (application/x-ole-storage) and allows just saving. No option to Open with.. even with right click on the attachment. Exploring deeper even more surprising. In the source of the message I see:
And saving to /tmp and opening properties in nautilus says it's
Word document (application/msword)
Wow! What a mess! No wonder Balsa gets lost and can't open it.

B.R.
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer
email: ildar users sourceforge net