Re: Use GtkHTML: no?

On 01/28/2010 03:26:16 AM Thu, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
[ snip ]
Hmmm, you might want to replace these options by a new one, "--with-html-engine=(no|gtkhtml2|gtkhtml3|webkit)":

AC_ARG_WITH(
  html-engine,
  AC_HELP_STRING(
    [--with-html-engine=(no|gtkhtml2|gtkhtml3|webkit)],
    [select the HTML renderer (default gtkhtml3)]),
  [use_html_engine=$withval],
  [use_html_engine=gtkhtml3])

Then, it's just a "case" in the autoconf script, to run the necessary stuff for the selected option:

case "$use_html_engine" in
  gtkhtml2) ... ;;
  gtkhtml3) ... ;;
  webkit) ... ;;
  *) AC_MSG_ERROR([bad option]) ;;
esac

Best, Albrecht.

That looks good!  I'd be inclined to define HAVE_HTML_ENGINE appropriately in each case, and USE_... for each backend.  I've always been a little uncomfortable with using HAVE_GTKHTML when we're actually building with the WebKit backend!

The HAVE_HTML_ENGINE macro would be used generally to detect whether HTML message parts can be displayed.  The various USE_... macros would be used only within libbalsa/html.c.

Any thoughts?