Thai is messed up in message bodies

สวัสดีครับ,

I'm having trouble typing Thai into message bodies. The above looks ok
now... a little on the small side... but when I get it, or you get it,
the vowels will not be over the consonants as they should be but will
be in the air next to them.

I had this trouble with Thunderbird and have wasted the past 2 or 3
days asking for help there... so I downloaded balsa and... I have the
same problem here!

I havew no trouble tyoing Thai in openoffice or jEdit... well a little
in jEdit, but nothing like here or in Thunderbird.

Can i just not get ther from here/ Do I have to use yahoo.com mail to
correspond with my Thai friends?