Re: Switching mailboxes for next unread message

I know I'm hijacking this thread - but it is an extension of the topic.

On 2010.07.10 13:04, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 07/10/2010 11:28:59 AM, Jack wrote:
[ snip ]
Additional question here - in most cases, requesting next unread with no unread in the current mailbox takes me to the next unread message. However, I have one case where it often goes the the right mailbox, but displays the last selected message in that box, and I have to select next unread again to actually go the the new message.

OK, I recall seeing that myself, but never found the energy to track it down--it's been a while since I looked at that code :)

I've been paying attention to this more closely, and hitting CTL-N for next unread really does behave unpredictably when the next unread is in a different mailbox. Sometimes it does nothing, but only once, and then goes on if I hit CTL-N again. Other than that, it does always go to the right next mailbox, but sometimes it goes to the last read message, sometimes to the first unread, and sometimes I'm not sure how it picked the message. I have a mix of mbox and maildir, and I haven't noticed anything based on which type it is, but I haven't really paid much attention to that.

Clearly not a very high priority, but definitely a curiosity.

Jack