Re: Bug 562752: Some icons are not visible while no gtk-icon-theme-name is set

On 2008.12.29 22:40, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> Evidently this gtkrc magic is beyond my skills:(  The patch was
> intended to be equivalent to creating ~/.gtkrc-2.0 with that line,
> and obviously it failed.  At this point, I'm not sure we can offer
> any advice to non-Gnome users better than to create such a file.  But
> we should clearly not distribute code with the patch.
I've done a little digging, and I see what you were trying to do, and I
don't see any reason it shouldn't work.  Might there be something
special in WHEN you call gtk_rc_parce_string?  Could it be called later
- perhaps after the window is displayed?