Re: addresses from balsa-ab are not encoded properly

On 13.08.2009 16:46:06, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
If you paste the address directly into the address field, does the same thing happen? Looking over the code, I don't see any place where an address grabbed from an address book is handled any differently from one that's typed or pasted in, as far as encoding is concerned.

Yes, Peter. I see it better now:
  * If I Paste the address into the To: line, the bug is emerged
* If I type the address manually, the non-latin name is encoded just right

So nothing addr.book-specific.
Any ideas? If you need some more info, then let me know.

P.S. recent time balsa complains in the run-time:
(balsa:9399): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_x11_atom_to_xatom_for_display: assertion `atom != GDK_NONE' failed
Cannot open: unable to open database file
Do you have a good explanation for this?
Sadly, no! The Gdk-CRITICAL warning occurs when Balsa (or any other app) uses gtk_dialog_run() to present a modal dialog. <URL:http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-list/2009-June/msg00017.html> suggests that it should be fixed in some gtk update, but I'm still seeing it in 2.16.5.

Yeah. I see. Sorry for off-topic.

The "Cannot open:" string is in Balsa's GPE (sqlite) address book code, in a section handling errors in sqlite3_open(). Do you see that error in a predictable way? If so, could you apply the attached patch? It doesn't fix anything, just adds the database file name to the error message, but that might help diagnose it.

Exactly right!

Thanks a lot and best regards!
--
Ildar  Mulyukov,  free SW designer/programmer/packager
email: ildar altlinux ru