I'm getting quite annoyed by NEW SORTING
- From: Ildar Mulyukov <ildar altlinux ru>
- To: "balsa-list gnome org" <balsa-list gnome org>
- Subject: I'm getting quite annoyed by NEW SORTING
- Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:30:37 +0600
Did you noticed that balsa became slower?
This is influenced by the new and more accurate sorting.
In 2.3.27, balsa cached threading information and used it - even if new
messages arrived. The new messages were merely put to the end of the
Now we have balsa *redoing* *all* the "sortish" work if it detects new
messages. This is accurate, but:
1. New messages are spread in the threads they belong to
2. Balsa is SLOWER a lot!
I knew about inaccuracy of sorting before and possibly even complained.
But now I realize that previous behavior is _better_ and I like it :-)
Just my 2 cents.
Ildar Mulyukov, engineer
email: ildar innovations kz
Office 27, etazh 4
tel.: +7(727)2379281 ext.2203
] [Thread Prev