Re: GMail problems (was Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.3.24 released)

> > I think I have identified the remaining problems. Two of them.
> >
> > 1. Gmail sends data in a permuted order. When we ask for (BODY
> > [HEADER]
> >
> > BODY[TEXT]), Gmail sends (BODY[TEXT] BODY[HEADER]) which is
> formally
> >
> > correct. In practice, balsa's ideas about message was incorrect
> > (balsa
> >
> > looked for the headers and found none). The fix here is
> > straightforward, we just need to look closer at the sent data.
> >
> > 2. Gmail does not follow the RFC3501 when generating
> BODYSTRUCTURE
> > response. This response has "number-of-lines" field that is
> supposed
> > be present only for messages and text parts. Gmail sends it
> also
> for
> >
> > other parts, for example for application/pgp-signature. This
> > obviously
> >
> > confuses the parser... I have implemented a workaround for this
> but
> > the
> > right solution is to fix Gmail IMAP server.
> >
> > Anyway, attached patch fixes both of the problems for me. If I
> get
> > reports that it works as expected, I will commit it and release
> > 2.3.25.
> > Anyway, somebody should contact Gmail regarding point 2...
> >
> > Pawel
>
> I've tested the patch and, so far, it's working with a default
> account
> configuration. It can be a tiny bit slow accessing the Inbox, but
> with
> the number of emails I have, I think it's normal.
> Thank you for the patch :)

I've just experienced something weird: when I chose date sorting
for emails, I wasn't able to open my Gmail Imap Inbox and Balsa
displayed an error message saying it was no able to connect to the
server and that it was trying to connect again. After change back
to message number sorting, everything worked fine.

I have no idea if this is patch related or not.