Re: Balsa exit with code 01 [SVN version]

On 05/05/07 17:02:26, Nuno Monteiro wrote:
On 2007-04-14 19:52, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
[snip snip]

But you can now read all that spam without crashing Balsa?
Yes yes I can open them ;) (I don't read them) without crashing balsa
what is fine!

Sorry for rehashing an old thread, but while sifting through my 'attic' mailbox (where I keep really old stuff) I came accross a couple of emails that crash Balsa with exit code 01, much like Jean-Luc's spams. They also have broken headers (attached, for your perusal), but Balsa 2.3.8 from Ubuntu 6.06 seems to eat them just fine without any complaints -- both mine and Jean-Luc's.

So, I tried building a vanilla 2.3.8 (didn't build, had to dig some GOption patch from Debian bug-tracker) to rule out the chance of any patch from Ubuntu fixing the crash, and kept going because all vanilla versions up to and including 2.3.14 worked fine. 2.3.15, however, crashed every time.

With that info I did a little binary searching (how I wish svn had something like git bisect!), and starting with commit 7544, which is v2.3.14 -- it doesn't appear to be tagged in svn as such, although .13 and .15 are, strangely -- I discovered that it is commit 7578 that starts the crashes. Commit 7577 works flawlessly, both with my broken mails from Invision Power Board and with Jean-Luc's spams.

1. what happens if you configure balsa --without-libnotify?
2. Is imap involved in any way?

Pawel