Re: IMAP problem: Failed to move huge message

On 03/13/2007 09:55:14 PM, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
Am 13.03.07 21:15 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
I have been moving much larger messages with balsa (up to 300MB) so the
problem is more about the combination of Balsa *and* Exchange.

Exchange is *really* crap, in particular (but not only) the IMAP part...

The closest I got was appending 128MB messages to a mailbox on a server with 32MB of memory - the connection was interrupted, too. Does anything else get printed on the console?

No, nothing else but the /very/ long (snipped) base64 dump, plus a few ALSA/gpgme messages upon startup (the box is a FC 6 machine, but balsa is self-compiled from svn).

Does Exchange hang up immediately or after a while?

Good question. Balsa is unresponsive for maybe half a minute or so before the message window appears (don't recall the text, and I'm at home now). Should I look at the data stream in Wireshark to see if the connection gets disturbed or terminated?

Balsa gives up if it cannot send anything to the server for a half a minute. It could possibly ask the question whether it should keep trying instead of giving up...

Pawel