Re: Reflow Text doesn't work anymore

On 2007.06.06 10:25, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
On 06/06/2007 04:48:19 PM, Mark A. Flacy wrote:
On 2007.06.06 09:33, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
since I updated Balsa to 2.3.16-1 (on Debian/sid), I noticed that
<CTRL><R> doesn't work anymore; in the menu, it is grayed out. Is
that  intentionally so?

Over in the "Options" menu when you are editing the message, please
ensure that "format=flowed" is checked.

Ok, that seems to work. Alas, do I have to set this option for each message I write, manually, or can it be turned on globally?

It can (mine is), but I've forgotten exactly *how* to do so and it isn't exactly obvious.

Ah. Ensure that you don't check "Wrap Outgoing Text at <num>" in the Outgoing mail option.

Another thing, as I'm typing this mail with "Format = Flowed" turned on, I notice that the behavior differs from earlier versions. I used to have line wrap set to 72 chars, and reflowing selected text would put all of that text into one paragraph, with line breaks after 72 chars. Now, the lines cover all of the space available per window width.

Well, that's how it works at the moment. The receiver will wrap it upon receipt.

However, the RFC governing this should allow you to word wrap your outbound version. That would require another option to explicitly set format=flowed. The implementation would also be a bit tricky.

--
Mark A. Flacy