Re: Balsa mailboxes

On 12/29/2007 09:45:08 PM, Pawel Salek wrote:
> On 12/28/2007 03:45:10 PM, David Elwell wrote:
> > For the past few years, one of my maildir mailboxes shows each
> > submailbox twice, as duplicates, even though the actual directory
> > structure contains just one folder for each.
Same problem here. Some of the directories this happens with contain
sub-dirs. When starting Balsa, the sub-dir entries are duplicated as
well, and if the sub-dir happens to be open, duplicate entries of
mailboxes are shown for both instances of the subdirs, like this:

Main Folder
	Dir A
		Open Subdir
			Mbox A
			Mbox A
			Mbox B
			Mbox B
		Open Subdir
			Mbox A
			Mbox A
			Mbox B
			Mbox B
	Dir B
		Closed Subdir
		Closed Subdir
		Mbox C
		Mbox C
		Mbox D
		Mbox D

> I have no immediate solutions...
Rightclicking on a folder and "Rescan" seems to help. After rescanning
"Dir A", the duplicate sub-dir entry is gone, but the entries inside
"Open Subdir" are still duplicates, so one has to rescan "Open Subdir"
as well:

Main Folder
	Dir A
		Open Subdir
			Mbox A
			Mbox A
			Mbox B
			Mbox B

>I would start from checking whether
> your ~/.balsa/config file contains something unusual. Are these
> mailboxes mentioned there explicitly or discovered on the fly?

I didn't find anything strange in my config. If you want to, I could
send it to you privately for inspection.

Best regards,

Andreas