Re: failing IMAP on Lotus Notes domino server

On 10/22/06, Pawel Salek <pawsa theochem kth se> wrote:
On 10/20/06 11:09:29, Kacper Wysocki wrote:
[snip]
> I can log in and fetch a list of messages, but when I try to open a
> message I get
>
> Could not access message 117 in mailbox "inbox".
>
> This is with balsa 2.3.8-1ubuntu3. I know you love to hear this, but
> mozilla thunderchicken seems to have no problems with the domino
> server.

Hold on, is the server breaking connection here? Do you see anthing
about "IMAP connection severed"?

Hi Pawel,

No, only what I wrote: balsa downloads the headers, then there's the
OK FETCH, then the "cannot recover":

IMAP C: 7 FETCH 121 (BODYSTRUCTURE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS.NOT (DATE
SUBJECT FROM SENDER REPLY-TO TO CC BCC IN-REPLY-TO MESSAGE-ID)])
IMAP S: * 121 FETCH (BODYSTRUCTURE ("TEXT" "PLAIN"  ("charset"
"ISO-8859-1") NIL NIL "QUOTED-PRINTABLE" 225 15 NIL NIL NIL)
BODY[HEADER.FIELDS.NOT (DATE SUBJECT FROM SENDER REPLY-TO TO CC BCC
IN-REPLY-TO MESSAGE-ID)] {293}

)
7 OK FETCH completed
scanning '' for tag number failed. Cannot recover.

----

looking at libbalsa/imap/imap-handle.c it seems that imap_cmd_step
gets an empty string, since sscanf() fails and balsa disconnects:

 /* our command tags are hexadecimal numbers */
 if(sscanf(tag, "%x", &cmdno) != 1) {
   printf("scanning '%s' for tag number failed. Cannot recover.\n", tag);
   imap_handle_disconnect(handle);
   return IMR_BAD;
 }

Perhaps the Notes server inserts a newline somewhere where balsa
doesn't expect it?

Any ideas?
Cheers,
-Kacper