Balsa command line -a -attach option does not work

Hi,

I am using Balsa 2.3.8 and when I try to run Balsa from the command line, it does not attach any files.

Command line is balsa -m "" -a /home/smith/bit.txt

I've also tried

balsa -m "" -a "/home/smith/bit.txt"

balsa --compose --attach=/home/smith/bit.txt
balsa --compose --attach="/home/smith/bit.txt"

However, I only get a new Mail Message window with no attachments included.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?