Re: Printing

On 12/04/2006 10:30:42 PM, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
Balsa currently uses the Gnome printing libraries to print a message;

these are "heading towards planned deprecation"[1], so we should head

towards a plan to move to GtkPrint.  We should plan for that move
anyway, as it gives much better control of printing.

But...to print html message parts, Balsa must be built with gtkhtml3,

which uses the Gnome libraries.  So unless/until gtkhtml3 is ported to

GtkPrint, we have the options:
1.  Stick with Gnome printing and keep the ability to print html
parts;
2.  Move to GtkPrint and lose the ability to print html parts;
3.  I don't see a third option.

I would vote for 2 - I am not a big fan of HTML mail anyway, and gtkhtml3 will most likely be ported to GtkPrint model one day.

Pawel
PS. I think we have accumulated a number of patches since last release and current CVS seems quite stable to me. Does anybody see problems with CVS that should delay a next release?