LDAP, host not found

Hi,

i compiled balsa-2.3.4 without errors and with LDAP support enabled. Balsa
works fine but when i want to open a LDAP addressbook on a remote host there
is allways an error "host not found".

I´m quite sure my inputs for accessing the LDAP server are correct. I tried
different LDAP servers on my local Network and on the internet and allways
get the same error. With Thunderbird, Evolution or direct access using
ldapsearch everything works just fine.

I think i´m missing something that prevents balsa from getting in contact
with the remote LDAP host? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards

T.S.