Re: Re : Re : Re : CVS HEAD: impossible to create filters [retrying]

On 07/13/2005 05:25:06 AM, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
[ snip ]
Applying *all* the filters doesnt seem to me a good idea.
And a mean to aaply *selected* filters seems to me a good idea.  ;-)

So "Apply now" can become "Apply all" and you can add as proposed "Apply selected".

But (unless I missed something) that still would not provide a way of manually applying the mailbox's filters (the ones in the right hand list) to existing mail. When I add a filter to a mailbox, I usually want to apply it to the existing messages, but an "on reception" filter will be applied only to new messages (specifically, those flagged as "recent" when the new mail is detected).

I guess I could use the proposed "Apply selected" button before moving the filter over to the right hand list...but that requires planning ahead, and I'm very poor at that!