Re: Permanently removing filters

On 08/16/2005 01:47:07 PM, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
Hi,
[snip]
Also, a feature I miss from 2.0.17 is Mailbox-->Commit (current|all) mailboxes. I guess changes will be commited automatically, but without it I feel like not being totally in control anymore.

Now, the storage is updated as soon as possible so that Commit is not necessary any longer. When you eg. remove messages, the messages are tagged as deleted by flipping one byte (more or less) and the space is reclaimed only when you close the mailbox or explicitely expunge deleted messages. The purpose of it is to avoid loosing flags (message states) on eg. crashes.

HTH,

Pawel